NVESD conducts business with a wide variety of contractors, suppliers, and vendors. NVESD business opportunities are advertised on the Department of the Army Interactive Business Opportunities Page (IBOP) at https://abop.monmouth.army.mil. To view NVESD business opportunities, you must be a registered IBOP user (if not registered, select New User Registration under User Services to register). To access NVESD business opportunities, perform the following steps:
- Under Army Solicitations, select CECOM Comm.-Elec. Comm.-Active and click on Go
- Enter User Name and Password and click on OK
- Next, under Sort By, select Requiring Activity and click on Go
- Select Next once and NVESD business opportunities will be listed in the folders designated NVESD, NVESD-CM, and NVESD-SO.
To receive Department of Defense contract awards resulting from solicitations issued after 31 May 1998, your company MUST be registered in the Central Contracting Registration (CCR) database. Further information on registration can be accessed via the World Wide Web at the CCR site (http://www.ccr.gov), DoD Electronic Commerce Home Page (http://www.defenselink.mil/acq/ebusiness) or contact the Electronic Commerce Information Center at 1-800-334-3414 (8am - 8pm EST; Monday-Friday).
DoD Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
NVESD also participates in the Department of Defense Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program.
The SBIR program funds early-stage R&D at small technology companies and is designed to:
- stimulate technological innovation
- increase private sector commercialization of federal R&D
- increase small business participation in federally funded R&D
- foster participation by minority and disadvantaged firms in technological innovation
Each year, the Army SBIR participating organizations develop a set of research topics that represent the Army's current and anticipated Warfighting technology needs. more...